Thursday, February 25, 2010

10 days out

I'm now 10 days out from the PRP injection into my achilles. Overall things are feeling pretty good. Not certain how I'm supposed to feel at this juncture, but figure reduced pain is a good thing. I was able to enjoy a spectacular day of alpine skiing today without a glitch of achilles pain. Unfortunately the rest of my body hurt. In a couple days I plan on ditching the walking boot I'm in and transitioning back to normal footware. This will spare me the awkward explanation of PRP to compassionate folks politely asking me what I did to my foot. I'm hopeful to be running in 2-3 weeks. Until then, a bit more PT, stretching and eccentric achilles loading. And of course, spinning.

2 comments:

Rod Bien said...

hmm, when you are blogging about being 10 days out from getting an injection into your achilles.... well, you might want to inject some excitement into the Caba household. We'll all be holding our breath for the following days......

JCaba said...

I can only imagine the anticipation for future posts that I have created. If you prefer, I could tweet my progress by the hour.
Hope your running is going well and that you have more to report on than we do from our household.