Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Remembrance of a Fallen Competitor

As we are all trying to process the tragic news of Steve Larsen, I just want to pay my respect to Steve and his family. Steve was the ultimate competitor, an extremely gifted athlete with the heart of a champion. Steve always seemed to be amazingly fit despite his busy schedule as husband, father of five young children and business owner. I always wondered how he did it. To me, it displayed his commitment to excellence and discipline. Unfortunately I didn't know Steve on a more personal level aside from the pre and post race interactions, where he was always humble and cordial. I just assumed over time I would get to know Steve better, perhaps even train with him. Steve was the cream of the crop. His early passing is equally confusing as it is sad. I hope somewhere along the line his family can find peace. I can't even begin to imagine their pain. Please join my family in praying for Steve and his family.

1 comment:

Ryan Altman said...

Very thoughtful. Reid and I have been praying for Steve's family each night.